December 6, 2010

Oh Baby!

I am at a point in my life where babies are all I think about. I know my dear husband gets a baby comment at least once a day and that I have become obsessed with researching everything there is to know about getting pregnant, birthing options, baby names etc. It really wasn’t until I read an article on thebump.com that I really got an insight as to what labor might really entail. All of the unspoken moments that somehow all of my friends failed to mention or had the grace of god not to experience were listed right in front of my face.

This article titled Crotch 101 is about the most in-depth look into the world of birthing that I have ever experienced. I actually thought I might pass out while reading it the first time!


Although I never considered that any pregnancy would be “easy” I certainly never envisioned what it might entail. For anyone who has a queasy stomach, this article is not for you. I only share this because I feel that this gives all of us non-pregnant women an insight into the unspoken world of childbirth. I apologize if I offend anyone however I feel that this is the kind of information that most women should know.



Now that I have mentally prepared myself for these potential circumstances, I find that I have a better approach into the getting pregnant/pregnancy world. Motherhood is a club that I hope to join next year so any, even if traumatizing, information is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment